Hey, welcome back! Today I have a kraft birthday card to share with you featuring the new Foiled Basics collection from Spellbinders, lovingly designed by Yana Smakula herself. How cool is that?!
I’m a sucker for anything with dots and stripes, so when the lovely people at Spellbinders sent me a Polka Dot Strip Glimmer Hot Foil Plate to play with, I was all over it.
I tend to work primarily with white cardstock, so I made this card a little out of the ordinary. A kraft birthday card with pink foil? Why not!
To make this card:
- Cut two pieces of kraft cardstock, 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Cut one piece of glitter cardstock, 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″.
- Cut Pink and Magenta Glimmer Foil into 3/4″ strips.
- Heat Polka Dot Glimmer Plate with Glimmer Hot Foil System. When it’s ready, lay down the foils strips, alternating colors.
- Carefully lay smaller kraft rectangle on top, sandwich and send through your die cutting machine (I used a Platinum 6).
- Trim foiled panel to 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- On a scrap of kraft paper, foil and die cut the sentiment with your choice of foil color (I used Magenta). Note: the sentiment I used is from the Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month, but you can use any sentiment plates you may have, or this beautiful set called Yana’s Sentiments.
- Adhere foiled panel to glitter panel with glue tape, then adhere this piece to larger kraft panel with foam squares.
- Attach sentiment with foam squares.
- Add Gloss White Nuvo Drops between polka dots and allow them to dry.
Don’t you love the alternating colors?!
Thanks so much for popping in to take a look at my kraft birthday card today!
Have a great day!